The Children's Home of Lubbock is fully licensed to complete home studies, counseling, and other processes necessary to complete adoptions for boys and girls in our care. In 2008, we celebrated and surpassed the milestone of 750 completed adoptions since our beginning in April 1954.
Every day...The Children’s Home of Lubbock turns away children who need a family. Some children need to be in a foster home for a short time. Others are searching for adoptive families.
Where will they go? Can they come to you?
Becoming a foster or adoptive parent is one way you can make a difference in the life of a child. It’s not an easy job, but we’re here to give you support and help you gain the rewards!
• SATISFACTION in knowing that you are giving a needy child a good stable home.
• SUBSIDY to help with the cost of caring for a child in your home. (Rates vary from $600 to $1050 per month, depending on the child’s therapeutic needs.)
• TRAINING to give you the skills you will need to help a needy child.
• SUPPORT to give you access to professional assistance around the clock.
• HEALTH AND DENTAL BENEFITS for all foster children.
by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc.